The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) prepared by the Ocala/Marion County TPO is a comprehensive, multimodal “blueprint” developed to meet the transportation needs of Marion County, including the incorporated cities of Belleview, Dunnellon, and Ocala, over the next 25 years. The LRTP has been developed consistent with the Comprehensive Plans of the County and incorporated cities, which identify the goals, objectives, and policies that guide future growth within the county. The LRTP also complies with the Federal and state requirements guiding the development of metropolitan transportation plans. A checklist outlining these requirements is used to indicate the sections of this report where those requirements are addressed. This checklist can be found in Appendix A of the LRTP. As a multimodal transportation plan, the LRTP considers not only needed road improvements, but also public transportation, bicycle, pedestrian, freight, and other transportation projects. The LRTP was developed with a reliance on input from the public to help identify and prioritize multimodal transportation projects in the development of the plan. Additionally, the LRTP
- Recognizes the tie between land use and transportation.
- Supports the economic development goals of Marion County.
- Supports regional coordination and collaboration.
- Places emphasis on maintenance and preservation of the existing transportation system.
- Provides safe, convenient, and accessible transportation options for all.
- Analyzes and evaluates the potential social, economic, and environmental impacts and benefits of the plan.
- Is consistent with all applicable federal and State planning requirements.
- Is a performance‐based plan that identifies results‐oriented measurements to monitor and evaluate the LRTP goals and objectives.
- Provides a fiscally‐constrained financial plan to meet future transportation needs through 2040.
TPO staff is currently in the process of updating our LRTP and would like your feedback. Please visit our website at www.ocalamarion2045.com and participate in our survey by clicking the “Take Our Survey” button on the home screen. The survey will only take a few minutes of your time, and will help TPO staff, as well as our various committees when considering the transportation needs throughout Marion County. If you wish to speak with someone directly, please reach out to Derrick Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (352) 438-2632. We look forward to your feedback and participation in this process!